Our team provides tailored, proactive advice to help successfully navigate every stage of the employment relationship.
Like any business transaction, the employment relationship benefits from laying out clear terms and expectations in advance. Whether you’re an employer or an employee, our lawyers specialize in practical, individualized advice that helps you understand your rights, duties and responsibilities. We have the expertise to help minimize problems and disputes before they happen, as well as the ability to resolve conflict quickly and constructively when it arises.
- Employment contracts and agreements
- Restrictive covenants and non-competition agreements
- Negotiating termination pay
- Wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal claims
- Confidentiality agreements
- Human rights legislation
- Advice on Alberta Labour Code, Employment Standards Code and Workers’ Compensation Board legislation
- Independent contractor contracts and agreements