With our legal team on your side, you can focus on your mission.
With increased oversight and accountability, strict regulation and strong public scrutiny, charities and not for profit groups often face a more challenging environment than other organizations. Our lawyers understand this environment, and have the expertise to help overcome those challenges. From structuring, organization and governance, to advising on regulations and compliance issues, our lawyers can help guide your organization through a complex legal landscape. And with our industry knowledge and experience backing you, you can focus on fulfilling your mandate.
- Incorporation, organization and registration of charities
- Risk and liability management
- Canada Revenue Agency compliance
- Government regulations and charity laws
- Directors’ and trustees’ duties and liabilities
- Foreign operations of registered charities
- Mergers, continuations, reorganizations and wind-ups
- Fundraising issues and charitable gaming
- Planned giving
- Daily operations
- Charitable bequests