The Cannabis Industry is rapidly growing and evolving in Canada as a result of ongoing changes in Federal and Provincial legislation and regulation, as it relates to both medical and recreational cannabis.
Our Cannabis Industry Group is at the forefront of these legislative developments, assisting clients navigate the complex legal framework currently in place in Canada.
The lawyers in our Cannabis Industry Group work with individuals and businesses interested in entering into or operating in the Cannabis marketplace whether as investors, licensed cultivators, dealers and distributors, ancillary service and technology providers, brand experts, and medical clinic operators, by providing comprehensive legal services required for success.
The lawyers in our Cannabis Industry Group assist clients with the following types of matters:
- Industry specific corporate and legal structuring.
- Industry specific corporate reorganizations.
- Structuring financing arrangements through banks and credit unions, private placements, private equity, accessing public markets (via initial public offering or reverse take-over), and venture capital investments.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Industry specific due diligence.
- Intellectual property protection and strategy.
- Regulatory licencing applications, approvals and compliance as it relates to Cannabis cultivation and distribution in Canada.
- Request for proposal audits and reviews.
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiation as it relates to, among other things, licensing, software, wholesale supply agreements, consulting agreements and joint ventures.
- Commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Commercial lease drafting and review.
- Litigation and dispute resolution arising out of industry related regulatory matters and contract disputes.
- Labelling, advertising and distribution issues and compliance.
- Labour and employment matters.
- Protection of medical patient Health Information.